Wednesday, April 26, 2017

April TUSAL and Things

Because I've been doing whatever I have been doing and then trying out the floss tube, blogging has taken a back seat.  Writing in general has taken a back seat.  I'm barely able to write an email these days!

Since I was here today reading some blogs and looking at the pretty things, I figured I might as well post a shot of my ORT jar.  I normally empty it when I do a TUSAL post and it's been a really long time!

I don't know if I can remember everything, but I believe there are threads from Fire and Ember SAL, three biscornu, one biscornu in progress, Satsuma Bunny, some Neglected Floss SAL patterns, and honestly I cannot remember what else.  It's been awhile since I emptied!

Now that this is emptied in to the larger jar and all of that tamped down, I have a shiny and empty jar to start filling again.  I don't know about you, but when I empty the jar I feel very accomplished.  It wouldn't need to be emptied if I wasn't doing things I loved to do.

So, after taking this picture of my ORT jar, I thought, "gosh, why not add a few yummy shots of recent finishes and almost finishes?"



Satsuma Street Bunny was supposed to be finished in time for the Easter Blog Hop, but that didn't happen which was really okay since I had that wonderful basket.  I don't normally do Easter decorations around my home but this year there was a serious NEED to do it.  Why not?  Bright colors and fun handmade items to show off are always a good decision.

The stitching is done here, and I have a lovely plan on how to FFO, but that part will have to wait as it isn't a gift for anyone or a commission.

If you follow my blog, you will know I used to make Chickie Bags and sell them on Etsy.  The particular way that I make them now hurts my hands to make, but I still have commissions to finish and give to the good people who ordered them.

I sucked it up, and finished the first one I'm calling M's Big Mama Chickie Bag.

My friend Cyndy and I went to Joann's and together found fabric for this bag and the remaining two.

I really love how this one has turned out.  Cyndy had purchased the pretty button, and as you can see we went though some of my finished motif's and I attached those on as well.

Day before yesterday I finally cut the fabric and made the lining inside with some floppy pockets. I have the lining ready to be hand sewn which is the last bit before it's ready to be given to the intended recipient...Cyndy's daughter in law.

Here's what I'm excited about most:  When I move to Colorado and I am no longer in this water logged yet totally beautiful place and my bones dry out, will I be able to crochet the Chickie Bags again?  I'm excited to find out.

For now, I'm trying to get commissions done, promised gifts and pack up my belongings for my big move in August....if  you haven't heard I'm bound for Colorado.

I really should blog about that entire idea and plan and the actions taken since it began, but for now please enjoy the pretty things!


Until next time.....KEEP ON STITCHIN'!

8 comments:

  1. You have been very busy with your stitching and flosstubing :) Bunny is glorious!
    The chickie bag is lovely, it's just such a shame it hurts you so much :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been doing all the things, and all the things look amazing!
    Also, it's May already. Can you believe it? August will be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now it's July....how did this happen! I haven't been here since May! However we are a few short weeks away from our SAL!

      Delete
  3. Adding the motifs was inspired and awesome, also, bunny is adorable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun digging through the motifs to add to the bag, Michelle is REALLY pleased with her Big Mama Chickie Bag :D

      Delete
  4. The Spring BUnny is beautiful and so is your bag. I knew you were on the move but I didn't know it was to Colorado. Or Colourado in English LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, it's still Colorado even in English but I like the Color going to Colour. Sadly no one would get the joke if I pronounced it that way...YOU would but no one else would hahaha! Instead of saying Call-oh-rod-oh I could say Colour-ay-doe which would be super hilarious and I would think of you as people rolled their eyes, tee hee

      Delete
  5. I'm so happy to see the Goddess back on the list. Can't wait to see what you get up to this year
    ผลบอลเมื่อคืน

    ReplyDelete